Is your stomach feeling those extra glasses of Moscato from the night before? Have a few potatoes sitting around? Make a dairy-free comfort breakfast with easy to digest carbohydrates, perfect for the weekend morning. Here is a breakfast potatoes recipe that you can quickly throw in the oven and then go back to sipping your morning coffee.
6 small gold potatoes, cubed
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic olive oil (optional)
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon oregano
Dash cayenne pepper
Fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
Fresh basil, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cube your potatoes and place them in a 7″ x 11″ (2.2 quart) or larger baking dish.
3. Add the extra-virgin olive oil, garlic oil, onions, and minced garlic and toss until coated with oil.
4. Sprinkle the onion powder, black pepper, sea salt, and dried oregano over the potatoes and toss to coat evenly.
5. Bake at 30-35 minutes, or until tender. The potatoes will be soft and browned on the edges. Remove from oven and stir in the chopped parsley and basil. Enjoy!