Here’s a delicious summer fruit smoothie to enjoy for breakfast or as a midday snack. Smoothies are great ways to use up all that fruit in your fridge! I’m still too afraid to progress to the vegetable smoothie. Don’t get me wrong, I love my vegetables, I’d just rather eat them sautéed, steamed, baked, or raw. I don’t really want to drink them.
I made this fruit smoothie twice, using two different milk ingredients. I’m very sensitive to lactose and can handle digesting good greek yogurt, like FAGE brand. I first made this using strawberry FAGE yogurt and it was perfect. Very thick, very creamy, 0 grams of fat, plus added protein. I made it again using Silk Very Vanilla Soymilk, and it was still delicious, obviously just not as creamy. The soy milk also added 2 grams of fat and not as much protein. You could try making this with strawberry soy yogurt or vanilla almond milk as well, according to your preference.
I also wanted less added sugar, but I didn’t want it to be too tart. So I added a little honey plus some stevia. You could skip the honey altogether or add more. Overall, a very balanced smoothie.
- 6-8 strawberries, stems removed
- 1 small apple, peeled and sliced
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 3 ice cubes
- 1/2 cup Silk Very Vanilla Soymilk, or yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Stevia or white sugar
- Add ice cubes, strawberries, apple slices, kiwis, milk or yogurt, honey, and stevia to the blender. Crush ice first then blend for about 1 minute. Add more or less sweetener to taste. Serve with a slice of kiwi.