I made up this fruit salad for one reason alone: to use up fruit leftover from entertaining visitors. It was so amazing that I made it again for a ladies shopping party. There were no leftovers, so I figured it was a hit!
2 navel oranges, cubed
2 small baskets strawberries (20-24 berries), tops removed and halved
2 bunches red grapes
2 apples, cored and chopped
2 tablespoons blackberry honey
2 teaspoons white sugar or SPLENDA
1 teaspoon lime juice
8 fresh mint leaves, sliced
1. Rinse all your fruit. In a large bowl, add the fresh squeezed juice of 1 lemon.
2. Chop your apples first, tossing them in the bowl with the lemon juice so they do not brown. Add the rest of your fruit: peeled and cubed oranges, sliced strawberries, and whole grapes.
3. Add the lime juice. Toss all fruit with the lemon and lime juice to mix and coat.
3. Warm your honey in the microwave for 10-15 seconds, until thinned. Drizzle over fruit and toss to coat. Sprinkle white sugar or SPLENDA over fruit and toss to coat until desired sweetness–just a couple of teaspoons is enough. You do not want to overpower the other flavors.
|My favorite honey from the Mountain View Farmer’s Market.|
4. Finally, add sliced mint leaves and mix well. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve